יום ראשון, 15 ביוני 2008

Prey

I am laying low, observing.
I can sense their presence.
There are so many around me, but I am invisible to them.
I try to understand where each is going, but there are not
many clues.
I will try to move forward now.
I crawl for a short while.

http://www.cyberdunk.com
http://www.talkdep.com
http://www.focusdep.com

One of them notices me.
She is observing me.
We both know that whatever the distance,
If it was just me and her, I am as good as dead.

I am lucky that she cares so much for the competition.
If she would make a hasty move in my direction, I will be
noticed by all.
She does not want them to have what she does not.
She takes a small step.
While I survived many such encounters, The fear almost
paralyzes me.
I take a step backward.
Now she estimates it will take too long to catch me, and
she gives up.
She goes back to her hunt, and I will never see her again.

I feel relaxed now, too sure of myself.
I move fast, still close to the ground.
When I see her in front of me, it seems too late.
But she does not notice me at all.
We are so close, it is really strange she ignores me.

I can hear her breath.
I am so scared, I can not move for a long time.
It takes me a while to finally understand.
She does not care I am there, I am not worthy enough in her
eyes.
She will not bother to move even her little finger to catch
me.
I walk away, and she does not mind.

From there on I can move freely.
They all know now my flesh is too old, I will not be
bothered again.
While I am glad to be alive, it saddens me to remember my
youth.
I was fast then, I got away from them using my instincts.
The memories make me proud, and it is all I have left now.

אין תגובות: